TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect various types of information from and about you on the Websites, including:
“Personally Identifiable information” or “personal information,” is information relating to an identified or identifiable person, such as:
- Identifiers. First and last name, email address, postal address, billing address, telephone numbers (including mobile telephone numbers), credit/debit card number, identification number, date of birth, or an online identifier.
- Geolocation Data. Location data.
- Internet activity information. Cookies and other technologies that collect traffic data, logs, page requests, search terms, the referring page, the time, date and duration of your visits to our Websites, or clickstream data.
- Personal information also may include information that is not personally identifiable standing alone (for example, your travel dates) but is personally identifiable when combined with other information (for example, your travel dates together with your first and last name). Many pages on our Websites can be visited without providing any personal information. On other Website pages, you may be prompted or invited to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as to join our mailing list or to receive brochures or other promotional materials about JC Resorts properties or other offers that may be of interest to you. Certain features of some Websites, such as reservations, may require credit card and billing information as well.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM EMPLOYEES
We may collect certain personal information from employees including:
- Identifiers. Real name, alias, postal address, email address, social security number, driver's license number, state identification card number, passport number, signature, telephone number, bank account number, health insurance information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Educational information
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The personal information we collect on or through the Websites may include:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on the Websites. This includes, for example, information you provide when you make a reservation, purchase a gift card or make another purchase on the Websites, sign up to receive emails, offers or other information, email us or our properties through the Websites, submit a question or report a problem with our Websites, submit a Request for Proposal, or submit a form to plan a wedding at a JC Resorts property.
- Information you provide to enter and participate in sweepstakes, contests or promotional offers.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, if you contact us, our properties or our service providers through the Websites.
- Information you provide in response to surveys.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through the Websites and the fulfillment of your order.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
As you navigate through and interact with the Websites, we and our service providers may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and other technologies, to collect certain Commercial Information and Internet Activity Information, including:
- Information about your visits to our Websites, such as traffic data, logs, page requests, search terms, the referring page, the time, date and duration of your visits to our Websites, clickstream data, other communication data, the links that you click, your search queries, and the resources and content that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your Internet connection and computer or other devices used to access the Websites, including your IP address, operating system or platform, browser type, mobile identifiers (such as Apple IFDA and Android Advertising ID) and the name of your Internet Service Provider.
- Information about traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the Website, and visitors’ use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Website.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
- HTTP request header information in order make our Websites function correctly and to personalize content presented to you, better understand how visitors use our Websites, and how we can better meet your needs.
- Cookies that are necessary for the Websites to work and enable you to navigate through and take advantage of our Websites and their features.
- Cookies that determine your browser’s ability to receive HTML email messages to determine the appropriate format for you to receive and read email.
- Advertising cookies that allow us and other advertisers to serve you advertisements. Some advertising cookies help us to provide you with content on the Websites that is tailored to your interests and needs. Advertising cookies also enable our service providers and other advertisers serve ads to you when you browse other websites and mobile applications that are based on your apparent interests, including those that are inferred based on your activities across websites and mobile applications and over time. Other advertising cookies may help prevent you from seeing the same ad twice.
- Analytics cookies collect information about your use of the Websites and your interaction with our content and advertisements to help us better understand and improve the way that the Websites work and to track and improve our advertising campaigns. These cookies provide us with aggregated information on metrics such as the most frequently visited pages on our Websites, help us understand how our visitors reach the Websites, show us how frequently various pages of our Websites are visited, help us understand whether our advertising is effective, and allows us to see overall patterns of the usage of our Website.
- Social Media cookies that show social media platforms whether users are logged in to those platforms. These cookies are set by social media platforms.
"DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
JC Resorts uses personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To present the Websites and their contents to you;
- To fulfill the reservations and transactions that you request from us, including facilitating your requests to plan and reserve hotel accommodations, dining service, spa services or other travel services, and to buy gift certificates;
- To process and respond to your inquiries, comments, complaints, and requests for information (including information about reservations, accommodations, weddings, meetings, events, properties, real estate, or other matters or opportunities);
- To improve the content and navigability of the Websites, or to administer or troubleshoot the Websites;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To improve our services and properties and to develop new services, properties and offerings;
- To alert you to new Website features, special events, products and services;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about reservations and changes to our terms, conditions and policies (because this information is important to your interaction with JC Resorts, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications);
- To conduct auditing, analytics, data analysis, monitor and analyze Website traffic and usage, and research to evaluate user needs;
- To plan special weddings, meetings, and other special events;
- To contact you about our own and third parties’ products, services, hotels, real estate developments, opportunities, special events, and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- To conduct customer satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys;
- To validate your identity or verify communications from you;
- To send you confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Websites;
- To protect our rights and the security or integrity of our Websites, properties and business;
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, to investigate and resolve disputes, claims and problems, and to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and our other agreements and contractual obligations;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a page on the Websites. We may use your IP address for various purposes, including to: determine your general (but not precise) geographic location and to tailor advertising based on general geographic area or other information derived from your IP address; provide aggregated data to advertisers about the volume of use on the Websites; diagnose or service technology problems; estimate the total number of users visiting the Websites from specific geographical regions; and to track advertising and conversions on the Websites. We reserve the right to combine personally identifiable information we collect on the Websites with publicly available information or information otherwise obtained from third parties or affiliates. We may aggregate or anonymize information that we have collected for use in connection with interest-based advertising.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is made up of one or more of the following reasons: (i) your consent, and/or (ii) providing the services you have requested, and/or (iii) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other legal process.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To our vendors, service providers, contractors and agents that we use to support our business and properties, including those performing core services such as data processing and storage, marketing, promotion and advertising services (including email marketing, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising), hardware and website support, website hosting, email management, surveys, payment processing, fraud prevention, debt collection, customer service, administering sweepstakes and surveys, public relations, and security related to the operation of the Websites and the development and operation of our business and our properties operated under JC Resorts.
- To our affiliated companies and properties.
- To our strategic partners offering or providing products or services jointly with or on behalf of JC Resorts.
- To other third parties to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for example, to provide products or services you have requested.
- To other third parties disclosed to you when you provide the information or with your consent.
- Comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental or law enforcement authorities or to otherwise fulfill a government or law enforcement request for information;
- Comply with a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or other legal process;
- Respond to claims that any content on the Websites violates the rights of third parties, including without limitation providing information necessary to satisfy the notice and counter-notice procedures pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- Establish or exercise our legal rights and to protect and defend the Websites, Website users, JC Resorts, its affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, members, partners, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, property owners, licensors, and partners, in connection with any threatened or actual legal action, claim or dispute;
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Websites’ users or the general public; or
- To enforce, apply or comply with our Terms of Service.
WE HAVE SHARED THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION IN THE PREVIOUS 12 MONTHS:
- Commercial Information
- Internet Activity Information
- Geolocation Data
We may share your data across multiple jurisdictions in order, if reasonably necessary, to provide you with the best possible services. Your personal information may be transferred and stored in the United States of America and in other countries where our third party service providers, advisors and consultants are located.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING
WIDGETS AND PLUG-INS
The Websites may use widgets and plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button, the Twitter “Follow Us” feature, or similar mechanisms from Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, or other social media platforms), which are interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites to provide specific services from another company. Such third-party features may collect information about you, like your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Websites, as well as personal information, such as your email address. They also may place cookies or other tracking mechanisms on your browser or device to enable the widget to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third parties that created them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the applicable third party before using them.
Our Websites are not directed to or intended to be used by individuals under the age of 18. We do present information regarding our kids programs on some of our Websites for the reference of adults that are interested in activities at our properties for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we are notified that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information in accordance with applicable laws. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and you believe your child has provided us personal information about themselves, please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] or by sending us a letter to JC Resorts, Attention: Privacy Department, 533 Coast Blvd South, La Jolla, CA 92037.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information that we store from accidental loss or from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security measures. Despite these efforts, please be advised that no electronic storage, security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmission of your information over the Internet will be intercepted. We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your personal information. Unless otherwise expressly stated, email transmissions sent through the Websites are not secure. Therefore, for your own privacy protection, we recommend that you do not include any confidential or sensitive personal information such as passwords, credit card details, or bank account information, in any emails that you send to us.
Your principal rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation are: (a) right of access; (b) right to rectification; (c) right to erasure; (d) right to restriction of processing; (e) right to data portability; and (f) right to object. You may exercise these rights by contacting [email protected].
You may file a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority if you believe we are not complying with applicable data protection laws.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have provided their personal information to JC Resorts may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personally identifiable information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: [email protected] or JC Resorts, Attention: Privacy Department, 533 Coast Blvd South, La Jolla, CA 92037. Please include the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” Within thirty days after receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year (if any), along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
Beginning January 1, 2020, pursuant to California Civil Code Sections 1798.100-1798.199, individuals who reside in California who have provided their personal information to JC Resorts may have the right to:
- Request access to the personal information we have collected about you
- Request disclosure of the personal information we have collected and shared about you
- Request disclosure of the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose
- Request that we delete your personal information
If you exercise any of these rights you will not be discriminated against in any way.
Beginning January 1, 2020, you may exercise these rights in any of the following ways:
- Calling 855-230-3936
- Completing a Data Access Request form.
If you choose to exercise any of the rights listed above, for the protection of your information, we will verify your identity. Your identity may be verified in any of the following ways:
- Through your membership account
- By confirming at least three (3) information points of your information we maintain
In certain circumstances you may be able to designate an authorized person to make a request on your behalf. To determine if this applies to you please send an email to [email protected].
Separate from the rights you may have above, you can also manage your personal information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide. You choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
- Updating Your Information. You may be able to update or correct certain personal information by contacting us as described in the “Contact Us/Questions” section below.
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- the purposes for which that personal information was provided,
- an identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping,
- a specific legal or regulatory requirement, and/or
- a requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
CONTACT US / QUESTIONS