Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
Updated: May 26, 2020
We are pleased to announce that some of our facilities have reopened! Though we are still in the process of taking the necessary precautions to reopen the resort itself, we are excited to offer the following experiences at this time:
As of Saturday, May 23rd, Veranda Fireside Lounge and Restaurant has reopened for outdoor-only patio dining, just in time for our beautiful San Diego weather! If you are dining with us, please use the entrance through the exterior pathway next to the golf course as there is currently no access to the restaurant through the main resort.
Lunch and Dinner Hours
Daily: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
To view our menu, click here.
Please note that reservations are strongly encouraged as space is limited in order to comply with social distancing for health and safety purposes. Reservations may only be made through OpenTable as we are unable to accept phone reservations at this time.
In preparation of reopening, we have implemented rigorous health and safety measures based on the guidelines set forth by government and health officials and trained our team to ensure complete consistency in carrying out these protocols. We are proud to be certified as Clean + Safe by the California Hotel and Lodging Association after meeting their strict safety criteria.
We want you to dine with confidence, knowing all proper precautions have been followed. Here is more information regarding the health and safety measures in accordance with the San Diego COVID- 19 Restaurant Operating Protocol:
- Seating has been updated to reflect social distancing and will be limited to the outdoor patio at this time.
- Facial coverings will be required when guests are not seated to dine.
- Social distancing will be enforced, and signs have been posted to remind all customers to maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another, to wash hands or use sanitizer upon entry into the restaurant and to stay home if they are ill or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at multiple points within the restaurant.
- Touchless menus are available via personal smartphones and single-use printed menus are on hand for those who prefer them.
- Consistency and thoroughness of safety and cleaning protocols are reinforced through ongoing trainings and internal communications to employees. Detailed documented standards are in place for each of our food and beverage departments and audits are constantly performed to ensure compliance.
- Hygiene protocols regarding food preparation are strictly enforced and include separate personal workspaces for all cooks and food handlers. Gloves are worn at all times while preparing food.
- Temperature checks are required for all employees prior to working. We also have a flexible “stay home/stay healthy” policy in place, to encourage those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- Employees have frequent handwashing breaks and are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- We have implemented increased sanitization of all high-contact areas such as handrails and the host podium, as well as dining tables, bar tops, stools, chairs and table-top items.
- All condiments are single-use only.
Our golf course is also open. In accordance with the County of San Diego, we have put Safe Play Guidelines in place, and we ask that you review them before you play. These are subject to change in accordance with county guidelines.
For tee times, please book online.
The resort remains closed for now, but we encourage you to visit our website for further updates as we hope to announce our official opening date very soon.
For future reservations, please call us at (855) 666-7815.
For weddings and group reservations, please call (844) 306-6082 or email us at [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
General Manager, Rancho Bernardo Inn