Updated: December 11, 2020
SPACE TO RELAX + SAFETY REASSURANCE
Rancho Bernardo Inn is located on 265 acres with beautiful gardens, courtyard, three pools and an 18-hole golf course. There is plenty of opportunity to explore and connect with nature. As a low-rise resort, rooms are spaced out in separate wings instead of being concentrated in towers, and most are accessible through open-air entries.
- We are pleased to announce the resort is open for overnight guests.
- Our golf course and golf grill are open for players to enjoy. Hours for the Golf Grill are 8:00am-4:00pm, daily.
- Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant is offering a take-out menu. Order food to-go daily from 11:30am – 8:30pm.
We thank our guests for practicing social distancing while on property. All resort employees are required to wear masks. According to current State of California guidelines, guests are required to wear face coverings in public spaces.
Guests should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel to and stay at our Resorts.
Below you will find more details about the resort services available, as well as the safety and well-being measures in place.
Café Granada offers Starbucks coffee and packaged to-go dining, which can be enjoyed poolside or privately in your room. Hours for Breakfast and Lunch are 6:30 am --- 5 pm, daily.
- Room service is available with packaged to-go items delivered from the Veranda Restaurant menu. Hotel In-Room Dining is available daily with breakfast from 7:30am-11am and the all day menu from 11:30am-8:30pm
- Additional details on available services and operational schedules can be found, here.
- Our pools are open to enjoy with social distancing guidelines to be observed by guests.
- Chairs have been appropriately distanced and must not be moved.
- All Jacuzzis on property are closed.
- Outside food/beverage is not permitted. Snacks/drinks are available for purchase in Café Granada.
- Advanced reservations are required to access the pools Friday-Sunday and Holidays.
- Reservations are for 2 hour time slots and can be made 24 hours in advance via the front desk.
- One time slot is allowed per room/per day/per family.
- Cabana rentals at the Bernardo pool are available to book for a 2 hour time slot, each cabana can accommodate 2 people.
Facilities & Other Services
- All other facilities are temporarily closed until government and health guidelines permit. We will continue to open more facilities as the guidelines set forth by government and health officials allow.
- Additional details on available services and operational schedules can be found here.
We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next stay!
YOUR SAFETY AND WELLBEING IS OUR PRIORITY
We have always taken great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. We’ve supplemented those practices with a comprehensive system of enhanced health and safety protocols based on the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health and the California Hotel & Lodging Association. We have also implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Stay Safe industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of an Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting-against the coronavirus. Our rigorous, ongoing training program ensures a clean, safe and healthy environment throughout the resort for our valued guests and employees.
As government and health officials release new guidelines on hygienic and social distancing practices, we will adapt our own protocols with an abundance of caution for the safety of both our guests and our employees. The following outlines the precautionary measures currently in effect at the resort to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures, which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Clean + Safe Certification
- We are proud to have been certified as Clean + Safe by the California Hotel & Lodging Association for meeting their rigorous safety criteria.
Throughout the Inn
- According to current State of California guidelines, guests are required to wear face coverings in public spaces.
- Social distancing should be adhered to. Masks must be worn in public spaces unless you are eating/drinking, including the pool area.
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house.
- All high-contact areas are cleaned with increased frequency by a dedicated cleaning team. Areas of focus include counters, doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Water temperatures are routinely monitored throughout the day to ensure the highest level of sanitization.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are easily accessible by guests and employees and dispensers have been installed wherever possible throughout the resort.
- New signage has been posted to remind employees and guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
- Signs have been added to remind guests of proper social distancing and to comply with guidelines for small group gatherings or events.
- All seating has been adjusted to reflect social distancing guidelines set forth by the California Department of Public Health.
- Activity schedules have been staggered to ensure social distancing. We have also implemented guidelines for the movement of guests and employees around the resort to ensure safe social distancing.
- Pools are monitored, tested and cleaned daily by our certified pool technicians.
- All poolside cabanas and pool furniture are sanitized before and after each use and pool areas such as the towel desk and the concierge counter are sanitized hourly.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- In order to serve all guests safely, we have implemented social distancing at check-in.
- Room keys are sanitized.
- The vast majority of our guest rooms are accessible by open-air entries, and all rooms are accessible without the required use of an elevator.
- Virtual check-out is available via our TV system or by phone.
- Bell service and luggage assistance is available by request. All bell carts are fully sanitized between uses.
Self Parking and Valet
- Valet services are temporarily unavailable until further notice. However, self-parking is available and conveniently located for easy resort access.
- AVANT & Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant are temporarily closed at this time for indoor and outdoor dining. Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant is offering a take-out menu. Order food to-go daily from 11:30am – 8:30pm. Call 858-753-8097 to place your order.
- Per the State of California, all guests must wear a facemask while in the restaurant facility. Masks must be worn at all times unless eating or drinking.
- All dining venues, including patios, have been updated to reflect social distancing guidelines.
- New open-air private dining offerings are now available, which make use of our gardens and courtyards for a safe and exclusive experience. Private guest room patios and balconies are also available for private dining.
- Contactless room service delivery is available with all items placed in the hallway for the guests. Our employees will pick up items from the hallway when guests are finished.
- Room service is provided in to-go containers. Trays used for delivery are sanitized after each use.
- All traditional self-serving buffets will be discontinued until further notice. Policies will be updated in accordance with health and government guidelines in the future.
- Food preparation hygiene protocols are strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers. Gloves and masks are worn at all times while preparing food.
- For indoor dining only, the restaurant shall obtain the name of each guest seated at a table and the telephone number of at least one guest.
- The Spa is temporarily closed at this time.
- Guests are required to make an appointment in advance for all spa treatments. All appointments will be staggered in order to ensure that social distancing and other safety precautions are observed.
- Per the State of California, all guests must wear a facemask while in the spa facility and during a spa treatment.
- Spa guests will receive a call to confirm their appointment prior to their treatment. They will be asked at that time if they or anyone in their household is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Masks are worn by spa employees at all times. Gloves are also worn for all nail and skin-care treatments.
- Friends and family of guests are not allowed to attend spa appointments, excluding parents or guardians of minors.
- Guests will be asked a short series of screening questions regarding COVID-19 upon check in for their appointment.
- Each spa guest's temperature will be checked by contactless thermometer upon arrival. For the health and safety of other guests and our associates, any guest with a temperature above 100°F upon arrival will need to reschedule their appointment for a later date.
- Only three guests are allowed in the spa shop at a time while additional guests wait outside on the indicated markers until it is their turn to enter.
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings at all times while at the spa facilities; those guests receiving nail services are required to wear masks, both for their own safety and the safety of our staff. Face masks are available at the spa reception desk, indoor treatment rooms or outside casitas.
- Guests are required to wash their hands before any treatment or services are provided.
- At this time, our fitness center is still closed and will remain so until further notice.
- All guest rooms have stand-alone air ventilation systems. No air is shared or circulated between guest rooms.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention is given to high-contact surfaces such as counters, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles, refrigerators and mini-bars.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, blankets, towels and room amenities are available by request. Reusable materials such as pens, writing pads and menus have been removed from rooms. Linens are taken from rooms in single-use bags after guest check-out or upon request.
- Consistency and thoroughness of safety and cleaning protocols are reinforced through ongoing trainings and internal communications to employees. Detailed documented standards are in place for each department and audits are constantly performed to ensure compliance.
- All employees practice thorough cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout their shift with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- We provide all employees with a flexible “stay home/stay healthy” schedule, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- We’ve staggered employee schedules and offer separate designated work and break areas for each employee to allow for optimum safety.
- Public-facing employees are required to wear face masks, and all employees are required to wear masks while back-of-house if social distancing measures aren’t possible.
- Team members are screened before reporting to their shifts. This includes temperature checks and questions informed by CDC guidelines.
- We have a clear line of protocol in order to assist guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- Guests must wear facemasks throughout the resort.
- In addition to our COVID-19 safety protocols, Rancho Bernardo Inn reserves the right to cancel the reservation of any symptomatic guests in order to protect the health of others.
- We know dogs are part of your family and we welcome those under 30 lbs. with a non-refundable $100 deep cleaning fee.
Meetings & Events
- In addition to our health and safety measures throughout the resort, we have specific guidelines in place for group meetings and events:
- Dining for private parties is available in accordance with the official state and health guidelines. We offer pre-planned menus with individually portioned boxed items or live station hot food prepared to order by our chefs and delivered in accordance to proper safety and hygiene protocols.
- We will work with each private party to identify any additional personalized requirements needed to safely meet the needs of our guests.
- Meeting rooms will be spaced to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- All event menus will be modified during this time period to accommodate the serving guidelines recommended by the CDC and jurisdiction.
- Refresh of all meeting spaces between meetings will include rigorous sanitation protocol for all contact surfaces.
- All amenities are sanitized before each use.
- All linen, including underlays, to be replaced after each use and laundered according to CDC requirements. Clean and soiled linens are transported in sealed single use plastic bags, including removal.
- Coffee and other break items will be served by a team member with appropriate PPE and social distancing.
- Flatware will be individually wrapped and provided at each place setting.
- All condiments are single use.
- Restroom attendants and posted signage ensure proper social distancing and frequent sanitation protocols are in place for each public restroom.
For future reservations please call us at (877) 269-5240
· All other facilities are temporarily closed until government and health guidelines permit. We will continue to open more facilities as the guidelines set forth by government and health officials allow.
• Additional details on available services and operational schedules can be found here.