Updated: 23 March 2022
SPACE TO RELAX + SAFETY REASSURANCE
Rancho Bernardo Inn is located on 265 acres with beautiful gardens, courtyard, three pools and an 18-hole golf course. There is plenty of opportunity to explore and connect with nature. As a low-rise resort, rooms are spaced out in separate wings instead of being concentrated in towers, and most are accessible through open-air entries.
Below you will find more details about the resort services available, as well as the safety and well-being measures in place.
YOUR SAFETY AND WELLBEING IS OUR PRIORITY
We have always taken great pride in delivering the highest standards in cleanliness and hygiene. We’ve supplemented those practices with a comprehensive system of enhanced health and safety protocols based on the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, the California Department of Public Health and the California Hotel & Lodging Association. We have also implemented the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s Stay Safe industry-wide initiative, developed under the guidance of an Advisory Council, comprised of industry leaders representing all segments of the hotel industry, and in conjunction with public health experts to advance best practices for protecting-against the coronavirus. Our rigorous, ongoing training program ensures a clean, safe and healthy environment throughout the resort for our valued guests and employees.
As government and health officials release new guidelines on hygienic and social distancing practices, we will adapt our own protocols with an abundance of caution for the safety of both our guests and our employees. The following outlines the precautionary measures currently in effect at the resort to protect against COVID-19. Each department has its own detailed set of procedures, which are based on expert guidance from leaders in sanitization and safety.
Clean + Safe Certification
- We are proud to have been certified as Clean + Safe by the California Hotel & Lodging Association for meeting their rigorous safety criteria.
Throughout the Inn
- According to the California Department of Public Health guidelines, masks are no longer required for indoors and outdoors for all guests, regardless of vaccination status.
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house.
- All high-contact areas are cleaned with increased frequency by a dedicated cleaning team. Areas of focus include counters, doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware.
- Water temperatures are routinely monitored throughout the day to ensure the highest level of sanitization.
- Additional hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants are easily accessible by guests and employees and dispensers have been installed wherever possible throughout the resort.
- New signage has been posted to remind employees and guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure.
Arrivals and Check-Outs
- Room keys are sanitized.
- The vast majority of our guest rooms are accessible by open-air entries, and all rooms are accessible without the required use of an elevator.
- Virtual check-out is available via our TV system or by phone.
- Bell service and luggage assistance is available by request. All bell carts are fully sanitized between uses.
Valet and Self-Parking
- A $35 overnight fee applies for self-parking and $40 overnight fee for valet parking.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended at all outlets and for all meal times as welll as happy hour. Reservations can be made on OpenTable and all is linked through the dine tab on our website.
- Veranda Fireside Lounge & Restaurant is open for indoor and outdoor dining daily. Hours: Breakfast 7:30-11:00am, Lunch 11:30am-5:00pm, Dinner 5pm-10pm.
- AVANT Restaurant is open for indoor and outdoor dining Wednesday-Saturday, 4pm-10pm.
- We have live music nightly on the putting green Sunday-Thursday 5-8pm / Friday-Saturday 5-9pm.
- Café Granada offers Starbucks coffee and packaged to-go dining. Hours are daily from 6am-3pm.
- Golf Grill is open Monday-Sunday, 7:30am - 6:30pm.
- Room service is available with packaged to go items delivered from the Veranda Restaurant menu. Hotel In Room Dining is available daily with breakfast from 7:30am-11am and the all day menu from 11:30am-10pm.
- All hot tubs on property are open
- Outside food/beverage is not permitted. Snacks/drinks are available for purchase in Café Granada, Veranda (to go) or via In Room Dining
- Pool access is on a first come, first serve basis
- Pools are monitored, tested and cleaned daily by our certified pool technician
- The Spa Pool is reserved exclusively for guests having spa treatments
- The Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn is open for services.
- Guests are required to make an appointment in advance for all spa treatments.
- Indoor steam rooms, showers, and the jacuzzi are now available.
- Robes are available. No spa sandals will be offered, we encourage guests to bring their own sandals or flip flops.
- All guest rooms have stand-alone air ventilation systems. No air is shared or circulated between guest rooms.
- Rooms are thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention is given to high-contact surfaces such as counters, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles, refrigerators and mini-bars.
- Housekeeping service is provided prior to arrival and after check-out only. Additional pillows, blankets, towels and room amenities are available by request. Reusable materials such as pens, writing pads and menus have been removed from rooms. Linens are taken from rooms in single-use bags after guest check-out or upon request.
- Consistency and thoroughness of safety and cleaning protocols are reinforced through ongoing trainings and internal communications to employees. Detailed documented standards are in place for each department and audits are constantly performed to ensure compliance.
- All employees practice thorough cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout their shift with an emphasis on frequency and consistency.
- We provide all employees with a flexible “stay home/stay healthy” schedule, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home.
- We have a clear line of protocol in order to assist guests who may feel ill for any reason.
- Professional sanitization will be administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness.
- We encourage those who consider themselves high risk to check with their personal health care professional before traveling.
- In addition to our COVID-19 safety protocols, Rancho Bernardo Inn reserves the right to cancel the reservation of any symptomatic guests in order to protect the health of others.
For future reservations please call us at (888)976-4417